The City of Revelstoke works closely with new and existing business'. We encourage business development and look forward to meeting you and listening to your business ideas.
CLICK HERE for the Business License application.
Business License Required:
No person shall carry on, maintain, own or operate from premises within the City a trade, business, profession, occupation or calling unless the owner or operator thereof:
- is the holder of a valid and subsisting License issued under the Bylaw by the License Inspector; or
- is the older of a valid ICBL pursuant to an Inter-Community Business License Bylaw.
Any person who,
- advertises by newspaper publicity or otherwise, as open for business of any kind;
- deals in or buys, sells, barters or displays, or offers by advertisement or otherwise to buy, sell, or barter things of any kind, either on behalf of himself or of any other person; or
- advertises as open to render professional or other services;
Read the all the details of Business Licensing in the:
Inter-community Business License
The City of Revelstoke is proud to be a part of the Okanagan Simillkameen Region Inter-Community Business License Program. This additional license at a cost of $150.00 allows you to operate your business in participating municipalities. Please read the "who is eligible" portion of the FAQ's.
CLICK HERE for FAQ's (frequently asked questions) about this 20 municipality Business License program.
CLICK HERE for our Inter-community Business license (ICBL) brochure.
Under the ICBL agreement, an eligible non-resident business or a business that does not have a business location in any of the Participating Municipalities may obtain a standard business license from any one of the Participating Municipalities and then may apply for an ICBL. If a mobile business has store-fronts in multiple communities, they must purchase a municipal business license in each of those Participating Municipalities.
The ICBL cost is separate and additional to the Business License cost. Each business owner has the option to purchase the additional ICBL if they will be performing their services in any or all Participating Municipalities. $150 in addition to resident business license.