June 2019 - Municipal Ticket Information System Bylaw No. 2082
The goal of the June Bylaw of the Month is to educate the public on the different fees associated with receiving a ticket within the City of Revelstoke.
Animal Control Fines:
- If your dog is off leash or unattended you may received a $200.00 fine except when in an approved off-leash area. View the off-leash area map here.
- Ensure your dog is licensed with the City of Revelstoke so we can reunite dog and owner if your pup should go missing.
- Failure to remove and dispose of excrement on Public or private property is a $200.00 fine.
- Allowing your dog to chase a vehicle or cyclist, or allowing your dog to harass, chase, bite, or attack a person or domestic animal is a $400.00 fine.
Did you know? The removal of municipal trees, damage to municipal trees, or pruning of municipal trees are subject to $1000.00 fines, and the cost associated with the replacement of all trees removed or damaged.
Did you know? It is a $1000.00 fine if you obstruct a Bylaw Officer from carrying out their duties. Such instances include refusal to present ID, failure to provide your full legal name or address, or providing false information.
Municipal Parks Fines:
- Failing to obtain a special event permit, obey signage or posted notices, possession of alcoholic beverages or liquor, smoking/vaping, reside or camp overnight could all cost you $200.00 per occurrence.
Did you know? Failure to obtain a sign permit, displaying a prohibited sign, and failure to remove or repair a sign could cost you $200.00 and failure to obtain the proper liability insurance, displaying a sign outside of property frontage and displaying a sign in the pedestrian corridor could cost you $100.00 per occurrence!
Traffic & Highway Fines: You may receive a fine of $100.00 if you:
- Park obstructing traffic, on sidewalk/boulevard or at a yellow curb
- Park in front of driveway, lane or within 6 meters of a crosswalk
- Parking over 24 hours
Watering Fines: Ensure you water on your day, even numbered houses on even days and odd numbered properties on odd days.
- If you violate water restrictions you could be subject to a $100.00 fine.
- Wasting water can cost you $50.00 per offence.
- Travel trailers are not allowed to be lived in on your property, this use could result in a fine of $200.00 per day.
Want more information? Follow the link to read the full Municipal Ticket Information System Bylaw No. 2082.